Legalisation of Documents

Public documents issued in Canada which are to be used in Estonia must be first authenticated by Global Affairs and then legalised by the Embassy of Estonia in Ottawa.

For more information about authentication and which kind of Canadian public documents can be authenticated, please consult the Authentication of Documents section of the Global Affairs Canada website.

In order to have Canadian public documents legalised to be used in Estonia, please bring along to the consular appointment or send the following documents to the Estonian Embassy in Ottawa.

  • Application for legalisation (private person or legal entity);
  • Document to be legalised (original and already authenticated by the Global Affairs Canada);
  • Legalisation fee (please consult the list of state fees);
  • Self-addressed, pre-paid envelope if documents are to be returned by mail.